The Defense Standardization Program Office will be hosting a Defense Standardization Program (DSP) Workshop at LMI in Tysons Corner, Virginia from July 9-12, 2018. The Workshop is open to federal employees and immediate support contractors, but space is limited. Attendees will benefit from the opportunity to interact with Standardization Executives, participate in standardization training and tutorials, and collaborate in working groups to develop new approaches to outstanding issues.
This will be an excellent opportunity for acquisition, engineering, and logistics personnel to share challenges and capabilities; and for introducing personnel to the DSP tools, products, and procedures. Training and panel topics will include overviews of DSP policy and processes; tutorials on ASSIST and other tools; development of non-government standards; and how standards and standardization practices are being influenced by advancements in technologies and techniques, such as additive manufacturing, cyber, and digital engineering.
All persons planning to attend the 2018 DSP Workshop must register in advance of attending the event. This includes presenters and invited speakers. Due to limited space availability at this event, registration is not transferable. Onsite registration is not available for this event.
How to Register:
1. Download and then complete the Registration Form.
2. Save the registration form to your computer.
3. Click "Submit" to send form to DSPO.
**Please be sure to choose ONE Training option
when completing the form**
Once you complete and then submit your registration form, an email confirmation will be sent to you within 7 business days.
There is no cost to attend this event; but, there is a $10.00 fee for lunch.
- March 13, 2018 - Registration Opens
- June 1, 2018 - Registration Closes
* The IEEE Standards Development Game is a standards development simulation facilitated by IEEE Standards University. "Mars Space Colony-- A Game of Standardization" teaches participants about the Non-Government Standards (NGS) impact on the development of products, processes and services; how NGS are developed and the consensus process; and the benefit of NGS to the government and the economy.* The DSP ASSIST Training will provide an overview of DoD Standards development processes, ASSIST Fundamentals, and facilitating the transformation of specifications and standards. Topics include: formatting of specifications and standards, ASSIST administrative modules, document coordination and submission via ASSIST, and using ASSIST to search and retrieve documents.
DSP Workshop At A Glance: