Department of Defense (DoD)
The following Defense Acquisition University (DAU) training courses are sponsored by the Defense Standardization Program Office (DSPO) to provide educational and continuous learning opportunities to DoD personnel and defense contractors, to name a few:
- WSE 023, Defense Standardization Workshop
- CLE 028, Market Research for Engineering and Technical Personnel
- CLE 064, Standardization in the Acquisition Life Cycle
- CLE 065, Standardization Documents
- CLL 206, Introduction to Parts Management
Defense Standardization Program (DSP) Conference
This year's DSP Conference entitled, "State of the DSP", is a two-day virtual event that will bring together standardization stakeholders from around the globe for education, information sharing and networking opportunities. Please mark your calendar for October 13-14, 2020. Registration has begun, click here for more details!
Defense Standardization Program Office Webinars
- Standardization Table Topics. In conjunction with the DAU and USD(A&S), International Cooperation Office, the Defense Standardization Program Office is hosting standardization webinars covering topics ranging from international standardization agreements (ISAs), particularly NATO, to standardization management tools to aid in the development and implementation of standardization documents. This training is a direct result of feedback received from DoD personnel and defense contractors who develop, manage, publish and, in some cases, ratify standardization documents for use within DoD. If you're interested in attending these webinars, click "download" for participation instruction.
- Introduction to International Standardization Agreements (ISAs), May 12, 2020, 1300-1430 Download
- Coordination on the Implementation of ISAs, June 23, 2020, 1300-1430 Download
- Strategic Parts and Material Management, July 15, 2020, 1000-1130 Download
- Standardization Management Tools, July 21, 2020, 1300-1430 Download
- Key Consideration for Standardization Management, September 15, 2020, 1300-1430 Download
Federal, State and Local Government
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) organizes workshops and educational seminars for domestic and international audiences. NIST’s Standards Services Group offers a variety of training opportunities for federal, state, and local government agencies on the fundamentals of documentary standards and conformity assessment. The goal of the NIST training activities is to inform government staff on how they can use standards and conformity assessment to support their agency programs. Each workshop is tailored to meet the specific needs of the requesting agency. For more information, please visit the NIST Standards and Trade website. NIST also offers information about training offered by Government Agencies related to standards and conformity assessment.
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
The following courses are designed to introduce attendees to standardization and to prepare them to represent the United States at NATO Working Groups.
The e-Learning courses shown below are free and provided as a public service of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI):
- Short Course: Through History with Standards
- U.S. Standards System - Today & Tomorrow
- Short Course: Legal Issues in Standard-Setting
- Online course: U.S. Delegates to International Activities: Roles and Responsibilities
- Online course: An Introduction to Standards: Why, where and how are they developed?
- Online course: ISO Directives Updates
- Online course: Leadership Strategies and Skills: The Fundamentals
For more information or to take one of the free ANSI courses, go to Standardslearn.org.
On September 23, 2015, the Deputy Secretary of Defense updated the DoD conference guidance to make conference attendance and participation by DoD employees easier. Please review the official guidance memo for additional details. [Read Memo]