Department of Defense (DoD)
The following Defense Acquisition University (DAU) training courses are sponsored by the Defense Standardization Program Office (DSPO) to provide educational and continuous learning opportunities to DoD personnel and defense contractors, to name a few:
- WSE 023, Defense Standardization Workshop
- CLE 028, Market Research for Engineering and Technical Personnel
- CLE 064, Standardization in the Acquisition Life Cycle
- CLE 065, Standardization Documents
- CLL 206, Introduction to Parts Management
- ASSIST Webinar, Document Coordination Module Part A, April 23, 2019
- ASSIST Webinar, Document Coordination Module Part B, May 7, 2019
- ASSIST Webinar, Formatting DSP Documents, July 30, 2019 [Download WEBEX Instructions]
- ASSIST Clinic, August 27, 2019 in Tyson Corners, Virginia [Registration is now open]
Federal, State and Local Government
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) organizes workshops and educational seminars for domestic and international audiences. NIST’s Standards Services Group offers a variety of training opportunities for federal, state, and local government agencies on the fundamentals of documentary standards and conformity assessment. The goal of the NIST training activities is to inform government staff on how they can use standards and conformity assessment to support their agency programs. Each workshop is tailored to meet the specific needs of the requesting agency. For more information, please visit the NIST Standards and Trade website. NIST also offers information about training offered by Government Agencies related to standards and conformity assessment.
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
The following courses are designed to introduce attendees to standardization and to prepare them to represent the United States at NATO Working Groups.
The e-Learning courses shown below are free and provided as a public service of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI):
- Short Course: Through History with Standards
- U.S. Standards System - Today & Tomorrow
- Short Course: Legal Issues in Standard-Setting
- Online course: U.S. Delegates to International Activities: Roles and Responsibilities
- Online course: An Introduction to Standards: Why, where and how are they developed?
- Online course: ISO Directives Updates
- Online course: Leadership Strategies and Skills: The Fundamentals
For more information or to take one of the free ANSI courses, go to Standardslearn.org.
On September 23, 2015, the Deputy Secretary of Defense updated the DoD conference guidance to make conference attendance and participation by DoD employees easier. Please review the official guidance memo for additional details. [Read Memo]