Department of Defense (DoD)
The following Defense Acquisition University (DAU) training courses are sponsored by the Defense Standardization Program Office (DSPO) to provide educational and continuous learning opportunities to DoD personnel and defense contractors, to name a few:
- WSE 023, Defense Standardization Workshop
- WSE 027, Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Awareness and Planning Workshop
- CLE 028, Market Research for Engineering and Technical Personnel
- CLE 064, Standardization in the Acquisition Life Cycle
- CLE 065, Standardization Documents
- LOG 0580, Standards, Specifications & Technical Publications
- LOG 0630, Introduction to Parts Management
- LOG 0640, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages
- LOG 0650, DMSMS Fundamentals
- LOG 0660, DMSMS Executive Overview
- LOG 0670, DMSMS Basic Component Research
- CLCL 014A Parts & Material Life Cycle Management Credential
Defense Standardization Program (DSP) Conferences
The DSP Conference is a bi-annual event that brings stakeholders together from all over the world to share information, engage in interactive panels and network with like-minded professionals across the standardization community. The 2022 DSP Conference took place on August 1-3, 2022. Conference Proceedings Now Available..
Federal, State and Local Government
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) organizes workshops and educational seminars for domestic and international audiences. NIST’s Standards Services Group offers a variety of training opportunities for federal, state, and local government agencies on the fundamentals of documentary standards and conformity assessment. The goal of the NIST training activities is to inform government staff on how they can use standards and conformity assessment to support their agency programs. Each workshop is tailored to meet the specific needs of the requesting agency. For more information, please visit the NIST Standards and Trade website. NIST also offers information about training offered by Government Agencies related to standards and conformity assessment.
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
The following courses are designed to introduce attendees to standardization and to prepare them to represent the United States at NATO Working Groups.
The e-Learning courses shown below are free and provided as a public service of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI):
- Short Course: Through History with Standards
- Short Course: Legal Issues in Standard-Setting
- Online course: U.S. Delegates to International Activities: Roles and Responsibilities
- Online course: An Introduction to Standards: Why, where and how are they developed?
- Online course: ISO Directives Updates
- Online course: Leadership Strategies and Skills: The Fundamentals
- Online course: The American Way: The American National Standard (ANS) Development Process
For more information or to take one of the free ANSI courses, go to ansi.org/education.
On September 23, 2015, the Deputy Secretary of Defense updated the DoD conference guidance to make conference attendance and participation by DoD employees easier. Please review the official guidance memo for additional details. [Read Memo]