Department of Defense (DoD)
The following Defense Acquisition University (DAU) training courses are sponsored by the Defense Standardization Program Office (DSPO) to provide educational and continuous learning opportunities to DoD personnel and defense contractors, to name a few:
- WSE 023, Defense Standardization Workshop
- WSE 027, Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) Awareness and Planning Workshop
- CLE 028, Market Research for Engineering and Technical Personnel
- CLE 064, Standardization in the Acquisition Life Cycle
- CLE 065, Standardization Documents
- LOG 0580, Standards, Specifications & Technical Publications
- LOG 0630, Introduction to Parts Management
- LOG 0640, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages
- LOG 0650, DMSMS Fundamentals
- LOG 0660, DMSMS Executive Overview
- LOG 0670, DMSMS Basic Component Research
- CLCL 014A Parts & Material Life Cycle Management Credential
Defense Standardization Program (DSP) Conferences
The DSP Conference is a bi-annual event that brings stakeholders together from all over the world to share information, engage in interactive panels and network with like-minded professionals across the standardization community. The 2024 DSP Conference will take place on August 5-8, 2024 in Tysons, VA.
Defense Standardization Program Office Webinars
- Parts and Material Management Proven Processes This monthly series provides a cross-functional forum for promoting, shaping, and coordinating government and industry approaches to effective DMSMS and parts management. The series leverages subject matter experts to increase your knowledge, awareness and ability to support your program effectively.
- Laying Down the Law: DMSMS Management Policy and Guidance, March 16, 2023 [Recording]
- Setting Yourself Up for Success: Newly Published Manual on DMSMS Management, April 20, 2023 [Recording]
- DMSMS Management Best Practices and Lessons Learned: SD-22 DoD DMSMS Guidebook, May 18, 2023 [Recording]
- What Makes Them So Great: DMSMS Management Achievement Award Winners, June 15, 2023 [Recording]
- Effective Communication - Increase the Impact of Your Ideas, July 20, 2023 [Recording]
- The Benefits of DMSMS Recordkeeping, August 17, 2023 [Recording]
- SD-19 Parts Management Guidance, September 21, 2023 [Recording]
- If You Don't Put it on Contract, It Won't Get Done, October 19, 2023 [Recording]
- Designing for Resilience, November 16, 2023 [Recording]
Federal, State and Local Government
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) organizes workshops and educational seminars for domestic and international audiences. NIST’s Standards Services Group offers a variety of training opportunities for federal, state, and local government agencies on the fundamentals of documentary standards and conformity assessment. The goal of the NIST training activities is to inform government staff on how they can use standards and conformity assessment to support their agency programs. Each workshop is tailored to meet the specific needs of the requesting agency. For more information, please visit the NIST Standards and Trade website. NIST also offers information about training offered by Government Agencies related to standards and conformity assessment.
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
The following courses are designed to introduce attendees to standardization and to prepare them to represent the United States at NATO Working Groups.
The e-Learning courses shown below are free and provided as a public service of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI):
- An Introduction To Standards: Why, Where, and How are they Developed?
- What is an American National Standard (ANS) Anyway?
- Leadership Strategies and Skills: The Fundamentals
- U.S. Delegates to International Activities: Roles and Responsibilities
- ISO Working Group Convenor Training
- USNC/IEC Education and Training Resources
Additionally, there are required training courses for Committee Managers of ISO Committees and Secretaries of U.S. Technical Advisory Groups (TAGs) (These courses are limited to individuals who serve in these roles, registration is required).
- U.S. TAG Operations Training Course
- ISO Secretariat Operation Training Course
- ISO Directives Updates
For more information or to take one of the free ANSI courses, please visit the ANSI Training page.
On September 23, 2015, the Deputy Secretary of Defense updated the DoD conference guidance to make conference attendance and participation by DoD employees easier. Please review the official guidance memo for additional details. [Read Memo]